Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Only 4 more days until Christmas!!!

I can't believe Christmas is in 4 days!!
Before I go any further...
I feel obligated to add a disclaimer : I have been cooking for the last several hours, and as my good friend Kelly will attest to, drinking goes hand in hand with cooking - so needless to say I have had a few (likely the reason behind this impromptu blog..and the, perhaps unnecessary, photos below).
My Christmas tunes are playing and I am 'getting in the spirit' (literally). Plans are set for the next several days to begin celebrating the holidays...in and outside of school.

Tonight I made homemade goodies for Anna, Julie and Andy. Fudge, chocolate covered banana chips and chocolate covered pistachios...mmm. Although I am not expecting gifts in return, I am going for lunch on Friday with then and want to give them a little something for the holidays. There will also be a bottle of Soju for Andy and some candles for the girls, to complete their packages.

As is the standard in Korea - it took me a few attempts to locate all the ingredients needed...but I found everything (surprisingly) and so far my goodies look pretty good. Without an oven I was limited to what I could make...so unlike on Irving last year, there was no cookie factory.

Because I feel the need to here is a little Christmas song for you all...ahh Mel Torme

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire
Jack Frost nipping at your nose
Yule-tide carols being sung by a choir
And folks dressed up like Eskimos.
Everybody knows a turkey and some mistletoe
Help to make the season bright
Tiny tots with their eyes all aglow
Will find it hard to sleep tonight.
They know that Santa's on his way
He's loaded lots of toys and goodies on his sleigh
And every mother's child is gonna spy
To see if reindeer really know how to fly.
And so I'm offering this simple phrase
To kids from one to ninety-two
Although it's been said many times, many ways
Merry Christmas to you.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!
Love Colleen





1 Comments:

At 4:29 p.m. , Blogger Mike said...

Ah fudge! Where did your picture go? Merry Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home