Friday, April 01, 2005

When it rains it pours

This week has been full of changes and Ulsan won't be the same.
On Tuesday my coworker, Julie announced she is quitting. I am terribly upset, since she has been such a good friend to me this last five months. However, she has decided to move onto something better and so I understand. Unfortunately, it will mean my Korean lessons will be obsolete, but I am sure I can find new lessons here in town.
This afternoon I also received an email from my friend Jeff, who is one of the owners of Tombstone bar. He and his wife have decided to move to Canada and are leaving next week. Apparently, he too has decided to move onto bigger and better things. Sigh.
I thought this might be the end of the bad news, but I just found out that another friend has also suddenly left Korea. She pulled what we foreign teachers call "a runner" and left without telling a soul. Word has it that Hope has moved back to Canada, although details are sketchy as to her whereabouts. It truly won't be the same without her.
Then, I found out that Mackenzie's bar has officially closed. According to reliable sources it has been bought out and is being turned into a French restaurant...Whaaat the F$@& ??????? Good bye Mackenzies..it was a good time!
Needless to say, I am feeling a little shaken by all the changes. Wishing it was all an April Fools joke.
I was planning on staying in tonight, but feel that a beer may be in order..you know, to take the edge off.
Perhaps feeling sad won't make things easier, but for tonight I will welcome the sadness. Sniff sniff.
Colleen

1 Comments:

At 6:43 p.m. , Blogger Blake said...

I'm a month late reading this post, but it definetely gave me a good laugh!

I was sure that you would be saying "April Fools, I'm not really that gullible" at the end of this, but you didn't.

You're awesome!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home