Thursday, May 19, 2005

Ouch!

After a week of Hapkido my body is definitely feeling the impact.
I woke up this morning barely able to get my sorry ass out of bed...OUCH! Everything hurts...and by everything, I mean EVERYTHING! After a few painful moments and a lot of cursing I got out of bed and made my way to my Hapkido class...the self torture continues.
Actually, it is a 'good' pain..if there is such a thing and I have been told by others in my class to try to stick it out and just keep working through the pain. The truth is, once I get going it isn't so bad although managing stairs has been more then a struggle the last few days.
Regardless of the pain, I am improving slowly. Yesterday I managed to master the forward and backward rolls, as well as learning to fall without hurting myself (it took many painful attempts). Today I learnt some release techniques..basically how to escape if someone is holding your wrist. Good fun, and my Korean partner and I had a few laughs since he is much stronger then me, but finally I got the hang of it.
Besides the masochistic activities, life has been pretty normal this week.
I completed reviews and report cards for my private students and managed to clean my apartment (well at least a bit).
This weekend, I am hoping to get out to try my hand at Rugby. There is a girls team starting up and I thought I would give it a try. Also, there is some festival happening at the university here in Ulsan I plan to check out.
I promise to keep you all up to date and hopefully have a few photos.
Ciao
Colleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home