Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Winning is always so much fun!!

Koreans know how to watch a soccer game

We met up with some friends in Appujung to watch the game last night. When we first arrived it looked like nothing more then an outside café overloaded with tables and large TV screens....by the end of the night it turned into a large street party – complete with people letting off fireworks, an endless array of Korean soccer chants and several million soccer fans looking forward to the next match.
In case you aren’t following..... the game was fantastic!!! Korea beat Togo 2 to 1.

I have never seen people more excited over the first game of a series in my life...I can only hope that Korea continues it’s victory so that I have a chance to see how crazy things can actually get!

I have a ton of photos and because I didn’t get home until well after 3am – I am tired and at a loss for words.

2 Comments:

At 10:04 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Insane!

I was cheering from Canada, and rest assured I've dusted off the old Korean soccer scarf...

So, you must've felt fantastic at work the next day!! :)

 
At 10:05 p.m. , Blogger michi said...

looks like fun. if only i could get into soccer ...

it's everywhere here, of course - every paper, every channel, everybody talking about it. it's only been a few days, and i am getting sick of it! *L*

m x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home