Thursday, August 10, 2006

Packing...well almost

Right now my apartment is in a state of chaos...boxes half packed, clothes scattered across the floor, and a surprisingly amount of things to do in the next few days.

I will be moving my things to Busan this weekend...it feels like I have been saying that for a while now...but really...this is the weekend!!
Helen is arriving tomorrow and we are going to spend the weekend catching up (the last time I saw her was on our hiking trip in March), enjoying BBQ with some mates of mine and then we will drive down to Busan on Sunday to unload my things in Helen’s apartment. Again, I must give huge thanks to her for storing all my stuff – it is really a big help!

So, with time running out...I am in serious ‘packing-mode’. To be honest, I am not actually in serious ‘packing-mode’... I have spent the last 2 hours listening to music and thinking about packing....but I am sure that counts for something.

Anyways, it will all be done by tomorrow ... hopefully.

I finally told my students that I will be leaving. Their reactions were as expected: mixed between confusion and sadness.
I was surprised that they all had several questions as to why I was leaving and why I am not returning, which I tried to answer honestly. I know it will be a tough transition for them as well as me – but I am trying to keep them focused on the arrival of their new teacher, Kathryn.
She is actually a friend of mine from University who has decided to cross over to the dark side...giggle giggle.
Seriously, I know she will be a good replacement for me and the students are looking forward to meeting her.
Kathryn arrives next weekend and will be shacking up with me in my apartment for her first week in the country (my last week).
Considering the small size of my apartment – it is guaranteed to be cozy.

Since my computer will be moved to Busan this weekend, I am going to be severely limited in my internet access over the next few months. The plan is to try to keep a weekly update of my travels but we’ll see how it goes.
As I plan to be taking lots of photos while I am in Thailand and India, I am going to try something new. Instead of adding the photos directly to my blog I am going to upload them to a website so that you can view them in all their glory. Not sure how it will work, but I am willing to try it for now.

Anywhoo...I am off to finish the whole packing catastrophe once and for all and to attempt to clean the areas of my apartment that haven’t seen a wet cloth in the last year....is it possible that there is something growing on the floor behind my fridge? Eewwwee!

I will definitely be blogging again before I leave Korea on the 26th so stay tuned friends.

Ciao
Colleen

1 Comments:

At 7:43 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

packing! bah! I have not started yet either...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home