Sunday, October 31, 2004

Busan, Beers and the Flinstones

Yesterday, I took a day trip with Ryan to Busan. His purpose was to pick up his plane ticket for Thailand, while I wanted to see the beach. The bus ride down was beautiful. The ride took us through little towns, past markets and over mountains. Once in Busan, Ryan got his ticket, I bought a phone card (I am told this one is the best around) and we headed to Haeundae Beach for some mandu and beer. The beach is spectacular! The sun was hot, the beer was cold and the mandu delicious!
What more could a girl ask for?
No shopping today, Ryan and I decided we wanted time to get ready for the Halloween party later that night.
Unlike in Canada, it is not illegal to drink on buses in Korea - so for the road we grabbed a few cold ones and settled in for our ride home to Ulsan.
Unfortunately, my plans to make a costume were hindered by the fact that I fell asleep when I got home for a few hours. When I awoke I had 20 minutes to get ready and meet Ryan. However, crafty that I am, I whipped a costume together in a matter of minutes - I was going to be a Canadian! (Original...hmmm)
Ryan was playing "Barnie" from the flinstones- and his group won the best costume prize.
(See photos below).
The Koreans don't celebrate Halloween, so there were mostly foriegners dressed up - although I did see a few Koreans getting into the spirit of the holiday.
All in all it was a great night - got home around 7am, slept the entire day. Ahhhhh Korea.

Tomorrow is my first day teaching the kids alone - cross your fingers for me - I promise to write about it tomorrow.

Ciao for now
Colleen

1 Comments:

At 3:53 a.m. , Blogger Mike said...

How do you like Korea so far? Have you been there long?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home