Wednesday, October 27, 2004

The Children

If anyone can make me wish to steal a child and take it with me back home to Canada, it would be the kidegarden class I had this morning. There are no words to describe how cute they are. They are tiny like babies and sing songs, and laugh all the time. Fantastic! They love Old MacDonald and Twinkle Twinkle....it is really the perfect way to start ones' day.
The rest of my day was almost as good (the kids still cute but bigger). I had mostly older children today - higher levels of English . I received my first gift today from a cute little girl named Cindy....check out the photo below.

All in all it was a great day - Feeling slightly emotional tonight...slightly tearful in a 'I can't beleive I feel so happy' kind of way...not just becuase of the great day I have had, but because it has been a great couple of days. Life is so different here and everyone has made such an effort to make me feel like I belong here. My boss has given me an English Newspaper the last 2 days in a row. He orders it for the school but has given me the copy specifically - really thoughtful.
Anyways, I am done work for the rest of the week ...I will try to do some lesson plans (although Gareth said it is unessessary, I would like to make sure my first week runs smoothly). As far as that, I am just buming around the city etc. Next big day will be my first class Monday afternoon.

Ciao for now friends and family
I love you all
Colleen


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home