Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas Eve Joy

Today is Christmas Eve Day!
My day started as most Fridays do, teaching my Kindegardens. They are so amazing, I wish you could all meet them. Their energy fills me with joy. We sang carols and coloured photos - to their delight! Of course we still had to sing The Hokey Pokey..but it has become one of my favorites as the children love it, and squeal with joy when we sing it.
After class, I met my coworkers for a Korean buffet lunch at a fabulous restaurant. The food was amazing and they loved their gifts that I gave them. Although none of them had ever tried fudge before, they were excited to taste it - and it got good reviews by all.
The remainder of my day was spent watching movies with my students. They gave me plenty of Christmas cards - which were pretty funny to read. One little girl, Betty, gave me a card that said "Merry Christmas Collen, and have a Happy Now Year"...so funny!
Tonight when classes were finished my coworkers surprised me with a present and a wonderful card. They gave me a pair of beautiful gloves and some goodies for the shower. It is wonderful.
Tonight, I was originally planning to go to a Christmas Eve mass at a bilingual church with some friends. As Christmas is the only time of year I seem to feel encouraged to go to church. However, I have now decided to go meet up with a different group of friends for drinks (a little Christmas cheer), as I will be seeing all the others tomorrow for a Christmas Day breakfast at our friend Nicole's apartment.
I am excited to open the gifts my family sent me- but have promised to wait until the morning.
So I'm off to spread some Christmas joy, but want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and send my love.
xoxoxoxo
Colleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home