Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Yes Val....It was food poisoning

I have heard from reliable sources that some people have been uncertain as to the nature of my recent illness.
It was indeed food poisoning...likely from the pork meat I consumed at dinner last Saturday night.
My sources tell me of various other conclusions people are drawing..including , but not limited to: some sort of severe hangover (although an educated guess Val, it was still wrong), bird flu and the always popular SARS?
Yup...none of the above....simply some bad meat!
I have since recovered but had to return to the hospital the last 2 days for more IV since I was quite dehydrated...ahhh fun! The hospital was a different one then the first..this one was a private hospital and was very nice. The staff did their best to speak English to me and they had a TV with English movies on it. So I spent almost 5 hours at the hospital on Monday and 2 hours today getting more IV...fluids and stuff to make the crazy pain go away. I am now fully hydrated and home to rest for a few days. I have not eaten since a bad attempt Monday night (which went horribly awry) and have seem to lost the desire for any food (for the time being)....don't worry Mom I have been drinking lots of water and PowerAid.
I am looking forward to any weight loss that comes my way (although I wouldn't recommend the diet...the process is far too painful).
I did teach a full day of classes today...although Wednesdays is my game day with the kids so I use the word 'teaching' loosely. We mostly played Bingo and a few word games (Koreans have a hard time differentiating between R's and L's...so we played a few games to get the kids to practice using those sounds)....good fun.
I am off to rent some movies and 'veg' for the night.
Will blog when something more interesting happens.
Ciao
Colleen

2 Comments:

At 3:40 a.m. , Blogger Mike said...

What an ordeal! Glad you're on the mend.

 
At 2:39 p.m. , Blogger Mike said...

I linked to your site. If this is not ok, please let me know. Thanks.

Mike.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home