Friday, June 17, 2005

Sometimes life takes you where you don't expect it.

This week I received some bad news that my father has been diagnosed with cancer, so I am returning home to Canada to be with him and my family for the next few weeks while everyone copes with the news and prepares for the battle that lies ahead.
My adventure in Korea is not over, but it will be on hold for a short while.
I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, and I am already recognizing what amazing friends and coworkers I have. Thank you to my coworkers and friends and students who have shown incredible compassion and support during this difficult time.
For now, my adventure takes me on a path I didn't even see; wish me luck!
Colleen



If I were asked to give what I consider the single most useful bit of advice for all humanity, it would be this: Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life, and when it comes, hold your head high. Look it squarely in the eye, and say, "I will be bigger than you. You cannot defeat me. - Ann Landers

2 Comments:

At 7:56 a.m. , Blogger Mike said...

Hello Colleen. So sorry to learn of the tragic news for you and your family. I hope for the best for you and yours. When I say the best, I mean the best that is possible.

Recently, a friend was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer at 37. His kids are small.

On a brighter note, I always enjoy your postings and photos.

Good luck, as you deal with one of lifes most difficult situations. I wish you peace and peace of mind.

 
At 2:42 p.m. , Blogger Blake said...

Best wishes to your father. Try to take is easy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home