Sunday, October 30, 2005

Fall time in Yongin


This past week has been an eventful one.
Two new coworkers have come to my school.
I am looking forward to having some new people to hang out with and hopefully a more positive working environment.
Since one of my previous co-workers had not moved out of his apartment, one of the new teachers, Amanda, stayed at my apartment for her first three nights. Needless to say, we got to know each other pretty well.
On Thursday night, all the teachers went out for a good-bye/hello party after work (I forgot my camera...sorry; you'll have to use your imagination). We started with galbi (meat dinner) and ended at the nori bang (karaoke room) with plenty of boozing in-between. We stumbled back to my apartment at 4am and spent the next few hours trying to sleep off the beer before we had to work at 10am. Friday was a rough day - to say the least - and all the teachers were feeling the wrath. But we somehow we made it through and Amanda and I spent Friday night recovering in front of the TV.
Saturday she moved into her apartment and I went to the gym to sweat out any residual beer that was in my body.
Today I woke up and decided to go for a hike. As you know there are a ton of mountains in Korea and my city has about 30 smaller ones.
Unfortunately, accessibility can be difficult without a scooter - but I managed to walk along a highway near my house to get to one.
The sky was really overcast, so I apologize for the quality of the picks - you can hardly see the city or other mountains - but the day was cool and the air was fresh.
I spent about 2 hours hiking along the hills and it felt awesome to get outside and do something on a Sunday morning.
Tonight I met a coworker for some dinner and have spent the rest of the evening preparing my costume for tomorrow's Halloween party at work. It should be a fun day with little or no actual teaching (which always makes for a good day).
I will add some photos tomorrow so you can see the little ones in their costumes ...it should be good for a laugh or two.

Ciao
Colleen







Self-portrait (not the best photo)





View of Yongin city on a cold cloudy day








Some of the leaves are starting to change colour



View of Yongin City

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home