Thursday, January 12, 2006

The past two weeks have been pretty good back in Korea.
Work is going well, and there has been a flux of new teachers, and therefore new friends - which of course means a couple of new people to share a pint with (never a bad thing).
I managed to catch a nasty cold my last day in Vietnam... (Thought it might be the bird flu, but now am pretty sure it was just a bad cold) but I am feeling better this week and have decided to get out a little more.
Tonight, Javier, Amanda, Katherine and I went for dinner and a movie...a little low key by most standards, but it was good to get out of the house and nice not to have a hangover for work in the morning.
We saw the movie "In her Shoes"...really good girly flick - and treated ourselves to Subway for dinner....ahhh the glories of Western food are not lost on me...just like home!
Anyways, this weekend, I am going to Seoul to meet with some friends and celebrate Javier's going away party. It should be good fun, although I am hoping I won't end up at a seedy salsa club (apparently Javier likes these sorts of things...then again maybe after a few drinks it won't be so bad). I will keep you posted.

We have a long weekend coming up at the end of the month and I am planning to get down to Ulsan again and catch up with some old friends. Believe it or not there are still a few from my old gang kicking around down there and I've decided it's time to pay them a visit.

Ok...off to bed...need my beauty rest!

Before I forget, today my school went snow sledding at a local park. It has been far too long since I have gone sledding and it was just as fun as I remember! The hill was a little small, but some of my coworkers and I got a chance to go down a bigger hill a couple of times. It was good for a laugh, since we were all too big for the sleds and ended up plowing into the sandbags at the bottom of the hill. My students had a great time and surprisingly no one got hurt, lost etc...This was a bit of a surprise to me. Below are some pics...enjoy and I will hopefully have some non-school photos shortly...I can imagine it looks a little lame - but hey they're a big part of my life these days.
Ciao
Colleen



My class as we arrived at the park to go snow sledding


Amanda taking her turn down the hill


A view of the kiddies having fun!



It was a short bus ride back to school, but these guys were all played out :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home