Sunday, March 26, 2006

Happy Trails

Today was another fantastic day, the sun was shining and I had the opportunity to get outdoors and go for a hike along the same trail I visited last week. However, I managed to hike quite a bit further this time. I walked for about 5 hours through forests, and although it isn't as spectacular as some areas of Korea, it is still quite amazing. The photos below are from my hike today.
Interesting enough, as the day went on; the smog seemed to increase quite a bit. I didn't find it too bad in the mountains where I was, but plenty of people were wearing masks along the trail (hmmm....maybe not a bad idea, now that I look back at my photos).

The rest of my weekend was pretty low-key.
Friday night I had an impromptu dinner with my director and his wife. They called me just as I was leaving work and asked me to join them for a lovely 5 course meal. It was nice to get a chance to talk with them one-on-one, although their intentions were clearly to work at persuading me to stay at their school for (as they put it) "a very long time".
Regardless of their intentions, it was a lovely dinner, good to be appreciated for my hard work and nice to get to know them a little bit further outside of work.
Although, I am still undecided if I will extend my contract at this school or move somewhere else, I promised to let them know within the next month what my plans are...so stay tuned.

Saturday I pretty much relaxed all day and did as little as humanly possible.

Ok. ok..boring boring boring.
Enjoy the pics below....I promise to come up with something a bit more interesting for next weekend



Yongin city in the morning


This is the same photo as above but was taken
about 4 hours later...you can see how the smog
has increased throughout the day.

Another smoggy day over Yongin
Posted by Picasa