Friday, April 21, 2006

"It's the most wonderful time of the year "

Yeahhhh!!! It's my birthday!
This morning my Mother woke me up with a birthday phone call. Not such a bad thing to wake up to considering I got to open my gift with her on the phone (although I did have to listen to her sing me Happy Birthday....just joking Mom...you have a beautiful voice).
When I arrived at school and walked through the doors all of my students and coworkers were waiting for me with a cake and more "happy birthday" wishes. It was wonderful and I was very surprised!
My students were really cute about it...when I told them I was 27 they looked at me in awe...then they compared me to how old their Mother's are (thankfully I am still younger then their Mothers). I remember my first grade teacher (Miss. Jones) and she was 24. I remember thinking how old....I could see that same thought cross the minds of all my 5 and 6 year old students. Funny how our perspective of age changes.
Anyways, it was a fun day. I got some gifts from my students (perfume and things for my hair) and coworkers (a nice bottle of champagne...ohh la la) and plenty of cake. Today was also the day of our schools monthly birthday party for the students. So I got to share my celebration with 6 little wee ones. It certainly helped to put me in good spirits.
I spent this evening going to my Yoga class and gym...trying to revamp my body and stay away from 'the drink' (or shall I say, over consumption of 'the drink') and all the bad things that come with it.
Anyways, I will be celebrating with a small beverage and food session at my local pub on Sunday night with some friends and coworkers. Below are some photos taken from the party we had at school.
Thanks to all my fabulous mates for your birthday wishes, e-cards and emails.
I love you all!
Colleen


My student Amy and me
(Her birthday is April 12th, but the party was today)


My class....look at all the food!! Yummy!
(they could barely keep their hands off it while
we were taking the photos)


Amy posing for a photo. (It was like a sea of little kids....
we have a total of 68 students now in our kindergarten
program...yikes!)


Making wishes... Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home