Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A little about myself

Ok...apparently I have been 'tagged' by my good ('ol) friend Michi...whom I have known for a very long time, but only met for a brief time while working in New Zealand. She lives in Vienna and is a teacher and a published writer (among other things).
I will be honest with you. Normally I scoff at these sort of things (yes...you heard me...scoff), but considering I fell asleep after the gym tonight ...around 7pm....and just woke up....2:30am....I figure I have some time to waste before my first class.
So here it goes:


The Four Things about Me


The Four best jobs I've had in my life
1. Bookseller at a 'Smith books"
2. planting trees and other
laborious activities in
Gros Morne National Park (Newfoundland)
3. travel agent
4. English Teacher (Extraordinaire)

The Four worst jobs I've had in my life
1. Serving Coffee and
donuts at a little $&it hole called 'Coffee Time'
2. Selling Newspaper subscriptions (door-to-door) on one rainy day in North Sydney (I quit after 4 hours ...I was soaked and had sold nothing....figured I wasn't going to make 'top salesman' that week...or ever)
3. travel agent (it was a love/hate kind of job)
4. cooking sausages outside of a butcher shop (early summer job)



Four movies I would watch over and over

1. African Queen
2. It's a Wonderful Life
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
4. The Princess Bride
(all kind of sappy love movies...but those are the good kind to watch over and over)

Four places that I have lived
1. Peterborough, Canada
2. Ottawa, Canada

3. Ulsan City, South Korea
4. Yongin, South Korea

Four TV shows I love to watch
1. The Daily Show (Jon Stewart cracks me up)
2. friends
3. Lost
4. Desperate housewives
(Note: living in South Korea, the T.V pretty much sucks, but thankfully we can download most things....helps to keep me sane)

Four places that I have been on vacation
1. Australia and New Zealand (same trip, so it counts as one)
2. Japan
3. Vietnam
4. Mexico
It's really hard to pick just four ...so I chose my top four places


Four websites that I visit daily

1. Google
2. CBC
3. The Seoul Times
4. Lainey's Gossip page - Hey I love the smut!

Four places I would rather be right now
1. Asleep (yep....it is almost 3am now)
2. Lying on a beach somewhere exotic ...sleeping
3. Asleep (did I already say that one?)
4.
Travelling, travelling , travelling (but stay tuned folks...cause I might just have a surprise up my sleeve)


Ok...so now you know all about me!! Well as much as you can gather from this pathetic excuse for a blog entry. Hope it was as good for you as it was for me.
I am off to bed....again!

Ciao
Colleen

2 Comments:

At 5:10 a.m. , Blogger michi said...

awww you're sweet! :) thanks for mentioning me and my blog. *hug* and for not scoffing, and giving up sleep just so you can play along! *G* i hope you got some sleep after this.

and hey, do you realise how long it has been since new zealand? jeeez. that was 8 years ago! wow. i visited the villa website today, and i just wanted to drop everything and leave. sigh. double sigh.

i'll have to dig up and scan a couple of new zealand pics of us and post them. *G*

and i look forward to hearing about your surprise!! sounds like something good ...

m x

 
At 2:54 p.m. , Blogger The Eller Family said...

Hi, i enjoy reading your blog. My husband is in S. Korea now and the rest of the family will join this summer. Just wondering if you could share the sites you use to download TV programs. My H. hasn't had much success and I'm really going to miss my Sunday Night TV.

Thanks, Becky
BeckyEller04@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home