Monday, May 01, 2006

Lotus Lantern Festival

This weekend I went to the Lotus Lantern Festival in Seoul.
It was a beautiful and impressive event held in honor of Buddha's birthday.
My friends Sue and Justin came along with me and we spent the day walking around Insadong enjoying the festivities.
There were plenty of activities for visitors to join including lantern making, bracelet making, traditional Buddhist painting and even folk games.
We each had a turn at playing some folk games and even got to paint some artwork.
The festival ended with a large parade (we didn't stay for the parade, but I 'borrowed' some photos to add to my collection.
Next weekend is a long weekend, so I am looking forward to some time off.
Enjoy the photos below
Ciao
Colleen



Traditional Korean dancers


Women waeving baskets and rugs


Sue and Justin outside of Jogyesa Temple

Lanterns and Pagoda


Lanterns at Jogyesa Temple

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home