Monday, August 13, 2007

Some big news

Hey everyone

Many of you already know, while others will be finding out for the first time....

I have left Korea and moved to England to live with Jon.

We decided a few months ago that living apart just wasn't worth it and it made sense for me to come to England. So this past weekend I packed up my things and boarded a plane bound for London.
It has been hard to keep this quiet and I am sorry for not being able to tell everyone sooner. I chose not to tell my employer until I had already left, since often quitting a job in Korea is very messy. I just couldn't risk my boss finding out before I left the country.

I arrived in England yesterday and already feel happier then I have in my entire life. Jon is incredible and has made a huge effort to make me feel at home immediately. England is beautiful, cooler and much much cleaner then Korea - I am wondering why I didn't move sooner. We are so in love and just so happy to be together finally. It is going to be an exciting new chapter in both of our lives.

Our plan is for me to get a job for now and then eventually go back to school so I can teach in England(hopefully this winter). But for the next couple of days, I am just going to get unpacked, explore my new town and sleep off my jetlag.

I am living with Jon in his house in a small town about 40 minutes outside of London. It is very old and very beautiful. There will definately be some culture shock happening over the next few days and weeks.

For those of you in Canada...Jon and I are coming home for Thanksgiving from October 5-13. We will be in Toronto, Peterborough, Ottawa and Montreal...and I would love to see as many of you as I can. Send me an email and we can start planning. For those of you in other parts of the country and world, you will just have to wait a little longer.

Thanks to everyone for your support and I promise to keep you updated and post some photos very soon.

xxx
Colleen

1 Comments:

At 4:32 a.m. , Blogger Helen Clayton said...

cant wait to see you in England!!!! 15 hours!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home