Tuesday, October 26, 2004

The Work Party

Even without the copious amounts of Soju consumed - Koreans know how to have a good time.
Tonight after work my Manager Andy treated all of us to a Japanese dinner.
Mostly raw fish, cooked fish, fish made into soup and just about any type of seafood you can imagine (or can't imagine for that matter) was served over the evening. I think there must have been at least 6 bottles of Soju and many bottles of beer to compliment our meal.
Skeptical at first if I could physically stomach such delectables, I managed to try most things - well or at least have a good sniff at them. The mekju (that is Korean for beer) helped to wash most of it down.
Honestly, I can stomach the raw fish better then the Soju- when given the choice pass me the squid.

All in all we had an amazing dinner - a huge 'thank you' to my coworkers for showing me a fabulous night.
(After having my first day with the kids I was in need of a little celebration).
Although, I must admit - the celebration was shared by Gareth as his going away party. One chapter closes as another opens.

Tomorrow I meet the kindegarden children - can't wait.
Although it all seem a little scary, I feel I will be a good replacement for Gareth - although he is a hard act to follow.
This coming weekend I am hoping to take a drive along the sea coast with Ryan's Korean friend Luke.
He promised to take me on a road trip ! Hooray!
The following weekend we are planning to go Busan (south of where I live) and visit Korea's largest Buddhist temple which is called 'Bemosa'.

Will keep you posted.
Ciao
Colleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home