Saturday, November 20, 2004

Nori Bang'n All Night Long

It was only a matter of time before I had my first experience at a Nori Bang.
These "Korean Singing Rooms" are so popular among Koreans, my friends were shocked that I had not visited one before last night.
For those back home, Nori Bang's are like Karaoke bars...however, you get your own private room. So unlike at home where you are required to sing in front of the entire bar, only those in your party have to suffer.
The room that we had was small, but cozy. It had one long cushioned bench along the wall, a table and a million lights that flashed when songs were sung. The selection of music ranged from Brittany Spears to U2 to whoever it is that sings the Macarena. We were served complementary snacks (fruit, french fries and some sort of bean salad that was in milk - I duuno) and, of course, copious amounts of beer...ahhh Mekju.
Once again, my camera was accidently left at home - I had been invited over to a friend's for dinner and the whole 'nori bang thing' was somewhat spontaneous (although not unpredictable after a few too many drinks).
However. my friend Gino had the foresight to bring his camera and has promised to send me some photos - which I promise to share with you when I get them. He apparently also got an embarrassing video of myself and my friend Bonnie doing the "Macarena" ....perhaps that one will stay in the vault for the time being.
Anyways, I had a lot of fun...sang my heart out...and managed to still get to bed before the sun came up.
No plans for tonight - money has been tight - so unless free stuff comes up - I might just rent a movie and enjoy the sober life.
Ciao and I will write again soon
Love Colleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home