Thursday, July 14, 2005

The fight is over

I wanted to send this note to let everyone know what has happened.

My father passed away peacfully on Wednesday night, July 13th at 8pm.

As my flight from Korea did not arrive until after midnight I did not make it to see him during his last hours, however, in the wee hours of the morning I had my chance to say good bye.

He died peacfully in home, as he had wished. His death was quiet, natural and with dignity.
When I got to his bedside he was smiling and looked younger then he had in years.
Somehow death transformed the lines in his face to a smooth, warm complexion.
My stepmom told me that he knew my sisters and I were on our way, but it was his time, and I believe he chose to pass away before we arrived to spare us the pain of the moment.

My sisters and I spent a few hours in the morning lying next to dad and talking with him...I know his spirit was still listening. We cried, we laughed and then we cried some more.

We made the funeral arrangements for Saturday and decided to have a small, private funeral for close family and friends. Dad never wanted us to make a fuss. He will be buried with my Grandpa in a pretty little cemetary just outside of my old hometown.

He is at peace and I can truly say that I am in a much better place then I imagined this moment to be. For now, I will be staying in Canada. Perhaps for a few weeks or a few months. I am not sure. I need some time to deal with this and be with my family.

Thank you to all my family and friends who have called and expressed their condolances.


Colleen

1 Comments:

At 10:29 p.m. , Blogger Blake said...

Take care of yourself buddy. I'll make sure to give you a big hug when I see you next time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home