Monday, May 08, 2006

Time to make it official !!!

Well, I have been hinting for a while and the time has come to let everyone in on my plans (I know some of you already know...but here are the full details).
After a lot of thought I have decided not to extend my contract when it finishes in August.
I love my job and my position as head teacher has given me a lot of opportunity, but I have realized that there are bigger and better things out there for me.

Maybe it's the events of the last year, maybe it's because I just turned 27 - but I have re-evaluated what is important to me.
So my plan is to finish the next three and a half months at my job and then I will fly to Thailand. My good friend Julie will meet me in Thailand and we plan to travel around for a month and then I will fly onto to India (and Julie will move onto Australia). I have decided to spend just over 2 months traveling in India before I will return to Canada for the end of November. I've missed the last two Christmas holidays with my family and I am determined to get home this year to celebrate with everyone close to me.

But don't fret! I am not finished with Korea just yet.
My current plan has me returning to Korea sometime in early 2007 and I am planning to move to Busan. My good friend Helen has just moved there and has convinced me to join her. Not only will I be a lot closer to friends but I will be living near the ocean - a dream come true!

Anyways, I will keep you all up to date with my plans as the time gets closer. For now my goal is to enjoy my last few months at my school and prepare for my travels ahead.

Ok...gotta get some sleep.

P.s. Some of my photos were published in a recent edition of the Ulsan Pear - you can see them if you download the April 2006 issue p.16. The article was written by my friend Helen. (yeeahhh for me!!)

Ciao
Colleen

2 Comments:

At 8:49 p.m. , Blogger twoofus said...

We miss you already!

 
At 5:20 a.m. , Blogger michi said...

good for you, to know what you want, and what you need, and to act accordingly. i hope that your remaining time at your school will be fun, and rewarding, and that you will enjoy your travels - though i am pretty sure you will. :)

hugs,
m

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home