Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A new beginning, new adventures

It has been a long, difficult month since I arrived back in Canada.
I never imagined that I would find myself here. It has taken a lot of practice to begin to let go of the past and truly decide to move forward. I will struggle every day to keep moving forward.
However, as the healing continues, I am moving forward.
I have recently accepted a job teaching in Yongin, Korea ...about 40km south of Seoul.
It looks like a beautiful city, full of mountains and new opportunities.

Here is a link to Yongin City's website :
http://www.yonginsi.net/yong_eng/index.htm


My position begins September 1st, so for the next three weeks I will be sorting out my working visa and preparing for the next year abroad.
Thanks to my friends in Canada - who have helped me get through the last month. And to those of you still in Korea - I will see you soon.

Ciao
Colleen



Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain

2 Comments:

At 7:45 a.m. , Blogger garnetrose said...

Colleen, May you be blessed with happiness and joy on your new journey. s

 
At 6:38 p.m. , Blogger Blake said...

I'm a little curious why you're not coming back to Ulsan?

I don't know if I'll come back to Ulsan next time either though. Who knows!?!

I'm glad to see that you're moving on though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home