Wednesday, November 10, 2004

My voice is back and it speaks Korean

So the worst of the worst is finally over. It is Wednesday and I finally feel like this cold is truly subsiding. I have been living as a hermit the last several days - going to work, and then returning home to my apartment to sleep. Not the jet setting life I hoped for. But with renewed health, I plan to get the $#^& out of my apartment and get a life.
I unfortunately missed the 'going away' festivities this past weekend for Ryan and Gareth - apparently it was quite a weekend! I am sorry I missed it. They are now both living it up in Thailand and I have no doubt they are enjoying every second of it.
My co-worker,Anna, has agreed to help teach me Korean - as long as I memorize the alphabet this week.
Before I came to Korea, I was practicing my Korean regularly, however have somewhat slacked off since. So, it is back to studying the Korean Alphabet - the language is actually called Hangul. Hangul was created under King Sejong during the Choson Dynasty (1393-1910) in 1446. It is considered to be one of the most efficient alphabets in the world since it relies on very specific rules. All I have to say is that I am thankful to be learning Korean and not English - which is one of the hardest languages to learn.
Anyways, that is the extent of my news.
Ciao and take care everyone!
Love Colleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home