Thursday, May 24, 2007

My week with Jon

Ok...here it is...my long awaited update...long being the keyword here.
I have tried to get some photos from each day that Jon was here. as I have said before - we had a great time together. It just makes me realize even more how happy I am.
Anyways, I have made an attempt to not be too cheesy.
Jon arrived on the 11th of May , which was actually our 6th month anniversary. Since his flight arrived at night, we stayed in and spent the evening exchanging gifts and planning for the next day. We had decided to travel south west to Daecheon beach for a couple days of sun and surf.
Since Jon had never been south of Seoul, I was really excited to show him more of Korea.

I had been bragging to Jon that the weather was so warm and sunny lately - unfortunately my forecast was wrong.

This is Jon standing outside of Nambu Bus terminal. He was such a good sport - patiently standing in the rain while I attempted to photograph everything at 8:30 in the morning.

Here's me on the bus to Daecheon...coffee and bagel in hand.
It rained the whole 3 hours to the beach but stopped just as we got to Daecheon. But it was a great bus ride ...Jon brought some trashy gossip magazines for me to enjoy while he slept off his jet lag.

It was cold and windy, but that didn't stop us from walking along the beach for a while when we arrived. We had a lot of fun just hanging out together (which is something quite novel for us).
Eventually, we decided to stay indoors and play some scrabble....Jon had never played before....and may never play again.
Apparently I can be competative?? who knew...ha ha.
We spent the evening bar hopping in the small town and ate some pizza at midnight in our hotel room.
Since it is a beach town, there are few options for food that don't include fish or some sort of sea creature.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home