Friday, May 26, 2006

My week - not so interesting, but still worth a read or two

I hope you are all well and having a good week.

I have come down with my 100th case of tonsillitis and plan to visit the doctor again tomorrow for some more antibiotics (give me the magical drugs ju-se-yo)....today all of my students were asking me 'teacher hurt?" as they pointed to their throats....
'yep Kids...it hurts'.
Good thing my job requires me to talk all day (and by talk I mean scream at little kids to sit down and listen)

Last night my coworker Sue and her hubby Justin (my two new best friends) joined me in a fun game of basketball (my excuse to add more exercise to my week).
We found a basketball court pretty close to our school - actually its part of another apartment complex. So we kind of had to pretend that we lived there "nothing suspicious here...move along folks".
It was a lot of fun and I realized exactly how much I suck at playing basketball...soo embarrassingly bad...but good fun!

After our "game" ...and by "game" I mean something that Justin calls 'around the world 6 times’(basically taking turns shooting at the net while moving around the court, doing rediculous poses complete with sound effects..WHOOOUP!!!) - we met up with BoNa and Sam for a few drinks and a bite to eat.
They took us to a new section of our neighborhood that can only be described as "so much better then where I live....is this really Jukjeon?"
We managed to drink so much that the bartender gave us a free soccer ball- whohoo.
Not sure if I have mentioned it yet, but Korea is playing in the World Cup and it is "World Cup Feva!!" (yep...I think I have all of the Korean soccer chants memorized......K-O-R-E-A...Let's go!!).

Anywhoo - we got home just after 1am...was very tired for class today (expected non?)
but well worth the lack of sleep.

Tonight I am off to Dongdaemun (shopping area of Seoul) to look for some new sandals and then grab some drinks with the gang i.e.: BoNa (Sam has a work thingy, so won't be coming tonight), Sue, and Justin.

No other plans for the weekend. I have been saying for weeks that I need to get some things sorted to ship to Canada - so this is finally the weekend (procrastination no more!!)
Next Wednesday is a holiday, thanks to the local elections that are being held...so it will be nice to have a mid-week break from the kiddies.

Promise to update you again soon
Ciao
Colleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home