Sunday, September 04, 2005

My new theme song is the Sound of Music

Since I have entered what my good mate Julie calls "the nunnery" there isn't as much to write about.
Now you might be asking ..hmm ...what the fu@&???
Well, let me explain.
I have made a promise to myself that this next year in Korea will be different from the previous one. It will be a chance to develop myself both physically and emotionally. Perhaps it was the events in my life over the past few months, or perhaps it was just time, but I found myself looking back at the last year and wishing for a different future. Anyways, I won't bore you with my emotional riffraff, but I guess what I am trying to say is that you can count on less drinking stories (note the word "less") and more actual accounts of what is actually happening in my life.
Needless to say, life in the nunnery this past week has been relatively quiet.
I have been running every day along the river , and plan to bring my camera some day so that I can share some of the beautiful scenes with you. There are a few white cranes that live along the river and quite a few ducks. Other then that, not much for wildlife - but it is beautiful.
Today was the first clear day - and I could see the mountains clearly for the first time. I want to buy a bike, since I am limited as to how far I can run or walk. (Today I managed 10 km). One of my coworkers offered to sell me her bike when she leaves in November, which I'll do if I don't buy one sooner.
My friend Joanne came by on Thursday night for a final visit before she took a ferry to China. It was great to catch up properly on everything that has been going on in Ulsan since I left. It was a short visit but a good one.
This weekend, I decorated my apartment and finished unpacking. I am feeling a little more put together.
Next week, my Kindergarten class is going on a field trip to a fire station. It should be good for a laugh or two.
Anyways, I'm hungry and going home. I'm making some denjang jjigae tonight (bean curd soup with tofu and veggies).
Enjoy the photos below.
Ciao
Colleen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home