Saturday, September 23, 2006

India Bound

Well it has been an incredible month!!
Thailand is fabulous (although you know that already) and I have had a chance to completely chill out - which was more then necessary.
Tomorrow I take my flight to Delhi to begin the 'real' traveling part of my trip. I don't think there will be too much time for 'chilling out but I am definitely ready!
As I mentioned before,I returned to Bangkok earlier then expected to see if I could get my camera repaired.
It wasn't as simple as I thought...Although these things never are.
After running around Bangkok to no less then 4 different repair shops in 4 different areas of the city, I finally found one that could fix my camera - BUT it turns out that repairing my camera may take up to a week or two. Since I don't have the time here in Thailand I will wait until I get to Delhi to see about repairing it again. However, in the meantime I have purchased a new camera - a Fuji FinePix . It is small and cute and it takes quite good photos - So YES!! There are some new photos on my website.
As luck would have it - even though I have made it through Thailand feeling healthier then I have in a long time- I have had a string of small accidents this week in which I managed to break my toe, scrape my knee and now burn my leg (on the side of a motorbike...OUCH!). But seriously, they are not very bad ...so Mom please don't worry :)
Today, being my last day in Bangkok, I visited the Grand Palace and saw the Emerald Buddha. All very beautiful ( as you can see from the photos) and even though it was packed with tourists , it made for a nice morning.
Anyways, I have some packing and sorting to do tonight before I fly off to India - I have realized that I have packed far too much and need to either store some things in Delhi or ship them back to Korea.
The next entry will be from Delhi so stay tuned. Also I am adding a new link for photos to separate those from Thailand and India....so enjoy!
Ciao
Colleen

3 Comments:

At 10:44 a.m. , Blogger twoofus said...

"I have realized that I have packed far too much..."

* cough ahem *

 
At 1:05 p.m. , Blogger Colleen said...

yes yes Sue Teacher - YOU were right. giggle :)

 
At 9:31 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Colleen! Jo here. Best of Luck in Delhi - Its a mad city. heartstopping rick shaw rides are my abiding memory from last year. Your travels in Thailand sound great- I hope to go there one day soon. Thinking of you xx
jo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home