Sunday, June 10, 2007

Artsy Saturday

I have to admit it, I have been living a stone's throw away from Seoul for a long time now (perhaps too long) and I haven't really made any effort to visit any art galleries. On Saturday morning, when my Kathryn texted me to join her and her friend Angie (giving me 20 minutes to get ready) , my first instinct was to say no and return to my blissful sleep - but then I reconsidered and I am glad I did.
We went to see the Musee d' Orsay exhibit that is showing at the Seoul National Arts Center and it was wonderful. many famous paintings from Monet to Van Gogh to Renoir and Degas were on display. It was the first time I have been to an exhibit like this and it was well worth leaving so early in the morning.
After walking around the exhibit, we took the subway near Sookmyung Woman's University and has a yummy lunch at a Japanese fusion restaurant. After lunch, Kathryn and Angie invited me to join them in their Korean class. Although I have enough basic knowledge I haven't felt the need to really study before, they loured me with the fact that the classes are free and there are no actual tests - 'just for fun' you might say. The classes are held at a community center and I can only assume receive funding for each foreigner that attends. The beginner class I joined will be great for me - since it will be a good review of the alphabet and I can improve my reading and writing skills.
So the short is... I've decided to start going every Saturday. (yep - it's about time you say? I know I know)
Me outside the Musee d'Orsay exhibit, Seoul National Arts Center

Kat and me posing (Korean style...say Kimchi!!)

Traffic outside the Seoul National Arts Center

Me eating some too-good-to-be-true Bibimpap
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home